Connected People, Connected Communities
We acknowledge that our programs are located on the unceded traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples, including territories of the Tsleil-waututh, Squamish, Stolo, Qayqayt, and Musqueam Nations.
We are a non-profit organization that supports children, youth, and families in our community through counselling, education, outreach, and advocacy.
All of our services are offered free of charge. Please click here to see our brochure.
Cameray Child and Family Services has provided specialized counselling services to children, youth, and families in Burnaby and New Westminster since 1972.
Cameray’s Commitment to Anti-Racism:
Cameray holds a longstanding value of upholding and working toward social justice for all peoples. We are a caring community, welcoming and respecting diversity and working for social justice.
We acknowledge that racism exists.
We also acknowledge that systemic racism exists.
We acknowledge that racism may be unconscious or unintentional, however this does not lessen the dehumanizing impact of racism.
We resolve to develop and work to implement strategies that eliminate racism within all aspects of the organization.
Our ongoing commitment is to become more knowledgeable about anti–racism and ensure our programs and policies regarding recruitment, inclusion and belonging are firmly in place. To this end we resolve that all employees, board members, and volunteers working with Cameray become students and advocates of anti–racism.
We resolve to explicitly and publicly affirm our identity as an anti–racist organization and to ensure this commitment is reflected in the life and culture of the organization through policies, programs and practices.
Cameray and a Sense of Community:
See Financial Statements 2022 here
See Annual Report 2022 here
See Annual Report 2021 here
See Annual Report 2020 here
See Annual Report 2019 here
See Annual Report 2018 here
See Organizational Structure here.
Performance and Quality Improvement Report
Annual PQI Summary – 2022
Long Term Plan
See Long Term Plan 2022-2026 here.
Cameray Community Fund is a charitable non-profit society.
- Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General
- Victim Services and Crime Prevention Division
- Fraser Health
- Government of Canada
- Administered by United Way of the Lower Mainland
- Ending Violence Association of BC
With donations from:
- City of Burnaby
- B.E.S. Investments Ltd.
- Buchanan and Tracy Borralho
- Calkins & Burke Ltd.
- C.B. Island Fisheries Ltd.
- Global Change for Children
- Mary Bolton
- New Westminster School District
- Stoney Creek Community School Council
- TD Bank
- and many Individual Donations – We are very grateful for the support!
Kids Up Front is a charitable organization that provides access to arts, culture, sports
and recreation for kids who otherwise would not have the opportunity.
Please visit their website at: www.kidsupfrontvancouver.com
Canadian Diabetes Association Food Skills for Families is a hands-on curriculum based program that makes healthy eating, shopping and cooking easy, quick and fun. Diabetes Canada offers this successful six-session program to teach people how to make healthy meals, snacks and beverage choices and to gain confidence in the kitchen. Programs are delivered to targeted, at risk populations.
Please visit their website at:https://www.bchealthyliving.ca/food-skills-for-families/
- Burnaby Early Childhood Development Community Table
- Burnaby Family Life
- Burnaby Interagency Council
- Burnaby Neighbourhood House
- Burnaby – New Westminster Task Force on Sexually Exploited and At Risk Youth
- Information Children
- Kids New West Child Development
- New Westminster Family Place
- New Westminster Schools
- New Westminster Wellness Centre
- North Fraser Early Years Community of Practice