Early Years Parenting Support Program
We are currently hosting most of our groups and individual support sessions online as we are in the process of moving to our new program location at 2038 Rosser Ave in Burnaby. We thank you for your patience in awaiting our in-person programming, which we will resume in October 2022. We are so excited about having you all in this bigger and brighter space!
Click Here to view our November 2022 group calendar. To register for groups please email us at email@example.com
Click Here to view our December 2022 group calendar. To register for groups please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This program offers prevention and early intervention services to parents and parents-to-be to increase a family’s knowledge and skills for effective parenting to strengthen family resiliency. The program includes service options of individual parent support sessions, psycho-educational parenting groups, and interactive parent-child groups. The program is for expecting parents and parents with child aged 0 – 5. Referrals can be made from any source, including self-referral. Please see here for the brochure and the referral forms.
* Our office is wheelchair and stroller accessible
Who is the program for?
This free program is for expectant parents and parent with children under the age of 5 who reside in Burnaby or New Westminster. The program offers groups and individual support designed to strengthen family resilience.
Come and build your confidence and skills as a parent while connecting with new friends and other community resources.
What is included in this free service?
- Group Sessions
- Individual Parent Support Sessions
- Education and take-home resources on up-to-date parenting practices
- Bus Tickets to attend programming
- Snack during group and dinner for evening groups
- One or two hour group sessions on various topics are offered on most weekdays and some evenings year round
- Play-based and educational groups available
- Parents can attend any groups they are interested in or feel would be beneficial
- New group calendar provided monthly
- A fun, relaxed environment to learn and connect with other parents
Check out our recorded Educational and Interactive group videos to get a better idea of what our in-person and online groups are like:
Group topics include:
Managing Anger and Stress
Parent-Child Mother Goose®
Attachment and Bonding
Family Literacy Circle
Social and Emotional Development
…and many more!
- Work with a support counsellor to develop a personalized family plan, identify strengths, needs, and goals
- Learn effective parenting skills
- Get informed about healthy child development
- Receive support as you navigate the challenges of being a parent
The Early Years Parenting Support Program actively collaborates with other community organizations. Check out the Kids in Burnaby website, or the Kids New West website for more programs and resources in your area.
We acknowledge that our programs are located on the unceded traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples, including territories of the Tsleil-waututh, Squamish, Stolo, Qayqayt, and Musqueam Nations.