1 Position available – Child and Family Counsellor
- 1 Temporary position at 25 hours a week, starting Jan 22, 2024 for 14 months at $41.78/hr
- To provide long and short term counselling to children and their families
- To work two evenings until 7:00 pm
Key Responsibility Area – Counselling With Children, Parents and Families
- To function as part of a clinical team
- To work with children using play/art therapy
- To provide information and education regarding child development, including sexual and emotional development
- To facilitate counselling groups
Key Responsibility Area – Referral, Information and Consultation
- To provide occasional crisis intervention to clients
- To liaise with other agencies/professionals regarding clients for purposes of consultation or referral
Key Responsibility Area – Community Liaison/Advocacy
- To advocate for and to co-ordinate client services with other agencies and professionals
- To collaborate with MCFD Social Workers on client goals/programs, such as ICM’s as required
Key Responsibility Area – Administration
- Develop an appropriate treatment plan in conjunction with the client and conduct regular reviews of the treatment process
- Maintain client files, recording client visits and key information
- Prepare client progress reports
- Complete all required data collection, including clinical stats
- Submit time sheets and other information as required
- Prepare education handout for parents, clients and community
Key Responsibility Area – Professional Development
- Keep abreast of development in the fields of sexual abuse and trauma counselling
- Attend specified workshops and conferences
- Network with colleagues and other professionals in the field
- M.S.W. or M.A. /M.Ed./Psychology
- Minimum of two years clinical experience, including work with children and families
- Training and experience in play therapy techniques, sexual abuse counselling and individual and family counselling
- In depth knowledge of child development and sexual abuse dynamics
- Knowledge of child protection and legal systems
- Crisis intervention skills
- Competence and comfort in working with diversity
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a professional team
- Drivers License
- This position is covered under a collective agreement.
- Applications are encouraged from equity-seeking groups including Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, individuals with disabilities, LGBTQI2S individuals, and those from other marginalized and/or underrepresented groups.
- Successful applicants are subject to a criminal record check. Notarized copy of degree(s) certification required.
- Must have access to a reliable car.
Please email interest to Armaghan Esfandiari at Armaghan.Esfandiari@cameray.ca by December 14, 2023
Fund Development & Communications Coordinator (Exempt Position) – 15-20 hours/week
Cameray Child & Family Services is a non-profit organization that supports children, youth, and families in our community through counselling, education, outreach and advocacy. Our vision is connected people and connected communities. We have provided services to the communities of Burnaby and New Westminster since 1972. All of our services are free of charge.
The Fund Development and Communications Coordinator is responsible for the overall management of fundraising, communications, events and outreach to help sustain and grow Cameray’s programs for children, youth, families and individuals in Burnaby and New Westminster. This is a newly created position to assess, plan and implement a robust communications and fundraising program. The Coordinator will work collaboratively with and report to the Executive Director.
- Ability to work a hybrid schedule and flexible hours
- Must be available on Tuesdays for in-office meetings
Key Responsibility Areas for the Fund Development:
- Work with Executive Director, Leadership Team and Board of Directors to create and execute the agency’s short and long term fundraising goals
- Develop an engagement and solicitation plan to identify potential prospects and work collaboratively with the Executive Director to determine strategy. Develop and execute a plan with quarterly and annual targets for prospect engagement and donor solicitation
- Research, develop and execute strategies and tactics for fundraising through major gifts, corporate support, monthly giving, events, grants, service clubs, and other methods as appropriate.
- Working with the Executive Director, establish an annual fundraising budget and meet the agreed upon targets.
- Ensure recognition and reporting requirements are met for all fundraising initiatives.
- Oversee record keeping, files and timely correspondence (including donor acknowledgements and thank you letters) for all donors; maintain a central database of donor interactions
- Lead and organize the planning and execution of fundraising events, such as our annual professional development workshop.
- Anticipate and plan for future events, trends, challenges, and opportunities.
Key Responsibility Areas for Communications:
- Work with Executive Director, Leadership Team and Board of Directors to oversee and maintain all communications and engagement programs using the agency’s current website and social media platforms, as well as implement new methods of outreach
- Promote the agency’s programs in digital and print media and advertising including social media posts, newsletters and annual reports
- Maintain and enhance current website or redesign website as necessary
- Represent Cameray in community engagement events
- Work with Executive Director to create awareness of the Agency, and promote a strong presence in the community
- Oversee agency-wide internal and external communications and reporting to increase community engagement
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- University degree or diploma in business or marketing and communications
- 2+ years of current non-profit experience in donor engagement, event management, grant writing, newsletters and social media, and website maintenance
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills, including the ability to encourage and engage donors
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- High standards of integrity, ethics, judgement and confidentiality
- Able to write clearly, concisely, and use anti-oppressive language
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media to create engaging content for Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms
- A valid BC Driver’s License, and access to reliable vehicle
Applications are encouraged from equity-seeking groups including Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, individuals with disabilities, LGBTQI2S individuals, and those from other marginalized and/or underrepresented groups.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com by November 23, 2023.
All non-clinical practicum placements are full for Fall 2023.
All these opportunities are great, but due to the current situation, students have some problems with accessing such events. The study is hard in these conditions, and sometimes I ask to write me an assignment this resource writemyassignmentuk
as it provides high-quality help. I hope that all will change soon and all these events will take place the next year.
For possible future practicum placements please contact Jay Bexson, Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical practicum placements are FULL for September 2023.
Childminding Worker Contract
Contract positions to provide childminding in Burnaby and/or New Westminster for parenting groups for 2-3 hours per group. Groups predominantly take place at our Burnaby Office located at 2038 Rosser Avenue. Groups can also occur off site in the Burnaby and New Westminster communities.
Children are aged 18 months to 5 years. PARENTS ON SITE
Groups run Mondays through Fridays during the day and sometimes in the evenings.
Childminders can work as much or as little as available, YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE AVAILABLE FOR ALL GROUPS.
Successful applicants are subject to a criminal record check.
Please send resume by email by April 7, 2023 to email@example.com